The polls for the 2018 Land O’Lakes, Inc. Leader Elections closed December 28 and we would like to thank everyone who ran for a seat, helped administer or cast a vote in this year’s races. As a cooperative founded on democratic principles, strong member engagement is essential to our ongoing and future success.
The votes have been tallied and below you can find the newly elected or re-elected representatives who will help guide the cooperative in the future and advocate for your interests.
Corporate Board Election Results
- Jeff Johnson, Centra Sota Cooperative, Buffalo, MN (Incumbent)
- Rick Brand, Landus Cooperative, Ames, IA (Incumbent)
- Jeff Lakner, South Dakota Wheat Grower Assn, Aberdeen, SD (Incumbent)
- Mark Berning, St. Michael, MN (Incumbent)
- Joey Fernandes, Tulare, CA (Incumbent)
- Stephen Mancebo, Tulare, CA (Incumbent)
The final step for these Corporate Board winners is a confirmation vote by the members in attendance at the Land O’Lakes Annual Meeting on March 1. If confirmed, the candidates will begin their four-year terms immediately following the vote.
Regional Council Races
Visit the 2018 Leader Elections page in the Governance & Leader Development section for the full results from the Leadership and Executive Council races.
We’re already beginning to think about the 2019 Leader Election process. Keep an eye out for nomination requests later in the spring as we look to recruit our cooperative’s best to run for leadership positions.